Sun Catchers (supplemental, 3-5)
Can we harness the power of the sun?
Did you know that in ONE HOUR enough energy from the sun hits the Earth to supply all the power we need for things like heating our homes, and running our electronics and powering our schools and hospitals? Learn how people like Erica at GRID Alternatives are working to ensure every community has access to renewable resources. Activities explore the various ways we can get power from the Sun. (Note - There is no entrepreneur video at this time)
This unit is intended to be used in grades 3 - 5 as a supplemental curriculum.
Our ~ 60 page Educator Guide, containing
- Topic introduction and graphical timeline
- Detailed list of the common core and science standards met by the content (ELA, science)
- Age-appropriate career introduction reading and discussion points through the stories of Grid Alternatives, We Care Solar, and Century Solar.
- Day-by-day activity break out to aid in lesson planning
- Detailed activity instructions and parts lists
- A variety of student notebooks and worksheets to be used for hands-on and cross-curricular activities
Video tutorials for all hands-on activities.
Unlimited technical support from CreositySpace - Our scientists and engineers are available to help with any questions you might have - contact email@example.com.
Below are descriptions of the activities and standards alignment, initial activity kit contents and replacement kit contents for Sun Catchers.
Interested in a follow-up session with Erica from Grid Alternatives? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a Skype session or email exchange.